- If you want to determine beyond a shadow of a doubt whether someone’s going to be a great hire, give them an audition project. [...] If you can't find a mini audition project for a strong candidate, perhaps you’re not structuring work properly fo . . .Read More
-- Jeff Atwood
- Asking how you can make better, faster, and cheaper widgets assumes that you should be making widgets.
-- Theodore Kinni
- Why do traditional power structures have such staying power? One reason is that hierarchies still work. Jeffrey Pfeffer writes that “relationships with bosses still matter for people’s job tenure and opportunities, as do networking skills.” He . . .Read More
-- Jeffrey Pfeffer
- The real question isn’t how well you’re doing today against your own history, but how you’re doing against your competitors.
-- Donald Kress
- No business can do everything. Even if it has the money, it will never have enough good people. It has to set priorities. The worst thing to do is a little bit of everything. It is better to pick the wrong priority than none at all.
-- Peter Drucker
Browse Quotations by Subject/Topic
Browse Quotations by Author (by FIRST name)
Browse Quotations by Source